Several measures/projects which stand/stood in the way of Bangalore give me immense happiness towards the development of the city.
Bangalore Metro Rail Project ( Namma metro)
Large upmarket shopping areas - Multi cuisine restaurants - Play areas and day care centres Just have a glance at the airport.!!!
Innovative Film City
The people who brought the Innovative Multiplex theatres to Bangalore two years ago are currently working towards a Film City project with movie production facilities of International standards, entertainment zone, and technical expertise related to films & sound and film training institute. This project aims at giving a major boost to tourism industry, film industry & entertainment industry in Karnataka.
Brigade Gateway, covering 40 acres that stretch from Malleswaram to Rajajinagar, will be the first lifestyle enclave in Bangalore. It was exclusively designed by H.O.K., New York. (International industry surveys rank H.O.K. amongst the world's leading architectural firms.)
UPCOMING MALLS IN BANGALORE:
Soul Space Developers are setting up two malls in Bangalore for which the estimated completion date is May 2009 namely:
1) Soul Space Arena - Near Akme Ballet, Outer Ring Road - 3,35,000 Sft
2) Soul Space Spirit - Bellandur Gate, Outer Ring Road - 2,92,000 Sft
Gopalan Enterprises is constructing around 3 malls
· It is facing the main Bannerghatta Road, which has a width of 80 ft road, giving it easy accessible road
· The immediate surrounding locality is very prospective and has IT Companies, such as Oracle, Accenture & residential projects of builders like Mantri Developers, Ansals among others
Signature Mall - Old Madras Road (3 Lakh Sft). Expected to open by mid 2009.
The construction of the 29.54-lakh sq. ft mall has commenced from February 2008, said Mr Tony Ward, Chief Operating Officer – Leasing, Phoenix Mills Ltd. It is expected to be ready by January 2010.
The MBD Group will launch MBD Zephyr, a mixed-use lifestyle destination entailing luxury hotel, luxury retail and premium retail and entertainment in Bangalore.MBD Zephyr is the first of its kind mixed use development in India which will interpret the concept of luxury in three defined categories: luxury hotel, luxury retail, premium retail and entertainment.
Several other infrastructure projects are coming on the way to Bangalore as follows:
1. Hindhuja realty ventures have proposed to construct a Software park in Yelahanka which is near to the International Airport. Its construction is expected to start in 2 to 3 months.
2. Bangalore Water supply and Sewarage Board (BWSSB) has also come up with several projects for the betterment of environment and society.
3. Improvement in BMTC services
4. Introducing many Volvo type buses at reasonable cost
5. More flyovers and underpasses are expected to make traveling both within the city and from outside more comfortable.
If things move in the right direction, Bangalore 2012 will be truly a city of the future where everyone wants to live. And life will be more comfortable, at least in terms of transport. But if infrastructure projects continue to become victims of political bickering, the Silicon City is sure to be more chaotic.